LDPE resin, with the full name of low density polyethylene, is a synthetic resin obtained by free radical polymerization of ethylene under high pressure. Therefore, LDPE is also known as high pressure polyethylene. Because the molecular chain contains more long and short chain branches, LLDPE resin is less dense and soft, is the lightest variety of polyethylene resin. It is milky white, tasteless, odorless, non-toxic, matte waxy granules. Low density polyethylene ldpe has good chemical stability, good flexibility, extensibility, electrical insulation, transparency, easy processing and certain air permeability. It is resistant to alkali and common organic solvents.
What Is Low Density Polyethylene LDPE Used For
1. It is mainly used to make film products. Low density polyethylene ldpe resin can be used to produce agricultural films (such as ground cover films, greenhouse films), packaging films, blown films for liquid packaging, heavy packaging bags, shrink packaging films, elastic films, lining films. LDPE also has a wide range uses in construction films, general industrial packaging films and food bags.
2. Used for wire and cable insulation and sheathing. Cross-linked low density polyethylene is the main material for the insulation layer of high-voltage power cables.
3. For injection molding products, such as plastic flowers, medical appliances, pharmaceuticals and food packaging materials.
4. Extrusion molding pipes, plates, profiles and other products.
5. LDPE resin is used to produce blow-molded hollow products, such as food containers, containers for medicines, cosmetics, and chemical products, tanks, etc.
|General grade||2102NOW, 2102N3W, 2402H3W, HP2022JN, HP2023JN, HP2023NN,|
|Film grade||2100NO, 2100NOW, 2101NOW, 2200HO, 2200H2, 2201HO, 2201H1, 2201H3W, 2404H4, 2404NO, 2500NO, 2501NO, 2501NOW, 2600HO, HP0322N, HP0322NN, HP0323NN, HP0722NN, HP0723JN, HP0823NN, HP20023, HP2025NN, HP2027LN, HP2027NN, HP4023WN, HP4024N, HP4023WN, HP4023WN, HP4027JN, HP4027NN, HP7022, HP7023|
|Tubular grade||2005EC, 2008NO, 2015NO, 2308NO, 2402H3W , 2404NO,|
|Ultra Melt Strength (UMS) grade||1905UO, 2202UO|
|Foam applications||2004CX3, 2102XO, 2102X3, 2402CXO, 2600HO, 2602X1, HP0323NN, HP0823NN, HP2024JDF, HP2024NDF,|
|Food grade||1922NO, 2201HOW, 2201H1W, 2602HOW, 2801HOW,|
|blown film extrusion grade||2202H3W, 2402HO, HP0321NN, HP0723JN, HP0724NN, HP4025ZN,|
|Blow molding||4538A, 5104|
|Injection Molding||1007, 1009,1122B,1412, KN226|
|Blown Film||1122, 5335, 5561, 5563, 5613, 5619, 5626, 5754, 5755|
|Cast film||4571, 5428, 5429, 5430, 5440|
|Extrusion Coating and Lamination||1013, 1017, 1018, 1019, 4517|
|Lotrene LDPE||MG 70, LA0710, FB 3003, FB5026, FD0270, FD0274, FD0374, FD0474, FE3000, FE8000, FE8004|
|DOW LDPE||LDPE 150E, LDPE 310E, LDPE 312E, LDPE 352E, LDPE 450E, LDPE 582E, LDPE 780E, LDPE 722, AGILITY EC7000, Agility EC7220, Agility XZ89166|
|ExxonMobil LDPE||LD 051.LQ, LD 071 Series, LD 080 Series, LD 100.BW, LD 102.LC, LD 103 Series, LD 105 Series, LD 117 Series, LD 123.LN, LD 129.DS, LD 136.MN, LD 143.DJ, LD 165.BW1, LD 200.48, LD 201.48, LD 202.48, LD 241.48, LD 302 Series, LD 306 Series, LD 312 Series, LD 313.NF, LD 317.PM, LD 319.PM, LD 331.NM, LD 419.MV, LD 506.07, LD 516.LN, LD 521.LN Blown, LD 521.LN Molding, LD 617.LN, LD 637.LI, LGA 105|
|Lyondellbasell LDPE||LD1800S, LD2420D, LD2420F, LD2420K, LD3020F, LD3020K|
According to the polymerization method, low density polyethylene resin can be divided into high pressure method and low pressure method. According to the type of reactor, it can be divided into tank method and tubular method.
Using ethylene as raw material, it is sent into the reactor, and under the action of the initiator, the polymerization reaction is carried out under high pressure compression. The materials coming out of the reactor, after removing unreacted ethylene through the separator, are granulated by melt extrusion, dried, blended, and sent for packaging.
Both LDPE resin and LLDPE resin have very good rheology or melt flow. LLDPE is less shear sensitive because of its narrow molecular weight distribution and short chain branches. During shearing, LLDPE maintains a greater viscosity and is therefore more difficult to process than LDPE with the same melt index. As the deformation rate of polyethylene increases, LDPE resin shows a surprising increase in viscosity, which is caused by molecular chain entanglement.